Friday, March 09, 2007

Walgreens discrimination?

This is in response to reading comments made in the linked article.Walgreens is being sued for company wide directed discrimination. I feel that people need to be realistic. You get paid to do your job. You don't like your job, quit. You don't like your pay rate, quit. You aren't given a promotion or transfer, quit!

The suit alleges unequal pay, but the pay rates are the same, it's the bonuses that are where the differences are. Mr. Tucker, you say that you aren't doing well because you have a bad store, then make it good. You want a good bonus, then do what has to be done to succeed. There are set standards for what a bonus is paid on. I am a white guy working in a inner city store. I make it my job to have a great store that makes me a bonus, not only because I like the bonus, but because I have pride in the store and my work. Where is your pride?

Technorati Profile

No comments: